Have you ever stopped to consider all the benefits of music in our lives? We find music everywhere around us, from the dancing of the brooks, to the rhythms of nature.
Some of the benefits of music are as follows:
- Research has shown that children who learn to play music are more likely to become computer professionals, engineers, and doctors. When a child learns music, they further develop the area of the brain that is responsible for reasoning and language. Music can also help to sharpen their memory.
- Music can help teach self-expression, discipline, teamwork, and coordination
- Plants thrive in a musical environment
- Children raised around music or proven to be more joyous, fulfilled, and happy
- Music in religious settings is said to free the soul and lift heaviness
- Music can be used for its meditative properties
- Music has been proven to help people function better. When music is playing, many people find that they enjoy the activities they are participating in better.
- Music and help to strengthen the bonds of a society or culture.
- Scientists use music to help further unravel the mysteries of the human consciousness and mind and to map behaviors
- music tends to help people who deal with anger and resentment issues and helps them to overcome feelings of loss and sorrow. It can help to give hope and lift the spirit and mind out of despair. Singing lullabies to the fussing child has been something that mothers have been doing for centuries.
- Music can also be used to increase excitement in people. It has been used often to help crowds get excited at football matches and music concerts, to instigate raw emotions during revolts, and to call armies to war through the beating of the drums.
Different kinds of music can evoke different fillings in different people. Classical music is often used to soothe the mind while rock music gets your heart racing. Chants, on the other hand, can send people into a trance. You can use music in different ways to affect people differently. Music can be anything from a soft lullaby that puts the baby to sleep to music that riles up even the most peaceful person to act.